Translate

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Final Thoughts...

Seeing as this is the last required week for this blog project, I thought I would do a quick "final" post regarding some reflections and what I learned over the semester.

Before this e-marketing class, I had no idea how easy it was to start a blog.  Simply by making a Gmail account gives you access to blogger.  Once you are able to sign into blogger it is quite simple to start setting up the layout of your blog and start posting.  The difficulty with blogger doesn't lay within the set-up; it is the presentation and content.  This project, at its core is about marketing, so our blog had to reflect that in some way.  It would have been much easier blogging about whatever we wanted to, but wouldn't really be a worthwhile assignment.

Some challenges I faced was simply finding something social media-related to talk about every week.  I really dropped the ball in April because I started running out of ideas.  The sheer number of social media sites out there is astounding.  Just from the brief lectures we had in class I must have been exposed to around at least 20 I have never heard of before, probably more.  There is literally a social media site out there for every need out there.  There's social media sites for checking in at places to social media sites for dogs to private social media sites for businesses.  The possibilities were essentially endless.  Finding something I could get my head around and understand enough to blog about to others was difficult.

I am excited to see the results from this "contest" and see how our blog did in comparison to others in the class.  Our class presentations and blog reviews from our teacher as well as other "expert" bloggers will give us insights of what we did well, and what we did not.  It will provide us with areas for improvement, should we choose to blog in the future.

Overall this project was a sort of chore for me, but the competition aspect really makes it more enjoyable for me.  All I can say is I hope we did well; and I thank everyone for reading, clicking and supporting this blog for the last 2 months or so.

Signing out...

Chris...

No comments:

Post a Comment