Translate

Friday, May 10, 2013

Does Tumblr have a Chance?


As I have been writing this blog I have been paying a little closer attention to the different types of social media out there that people actually use. One that caught me by surprise was a site called tumblr. I honestly had no idea and still to this day don’t have a full grasp of what it is. I turned to my sister who I know she uses this one more than Facebook or Twitter and she seems to love it. So I started asking her to tell me a little more about it and she described it as a way for users to use their artistic and creative talents to blog and journal. So what I took from it is that its just a super artsy way to blog about things and follow other peoples blogs. I asked her what she didn't like about it and she said that it was very different to understand at first because there is no guidelines like field names or whatever when setting up a tumblr like Facebook with its information fields when setting up a profile. On the positive side, it is like Myspace in that a user is able to customize someone’s blog. I don’t think I will ever use or even get a tumblr. I am all about social media but there comes a point where everyone has their breaking point. Does anyone think that tumblr will ever get as big as Twitter or Facebook? Due to the artistic nature of tumblr, would it be smart or wise for employers to use tumblr as a form of background check as they do Facebook? Just some ideas for the pending future.  

1 comment: